This morning, http://www.managetrainlearn.com sent me this rather useful precis definition of a Learning Organisation, based on the work of Peter Senge as reported in Fortune magazine over fifteen years ago.
A learning organisation is one in which…
· every employee is actively engaged in personal development in
and out of the job
· people accept the notion of lifelong learning
· a range of activities are taking place which help people to
learn new skills
· people ask others for help and get it
· people listen to one another
· everyone is working towards personal achievement goals
· nobody says: “I know it all” or “I’m better than you”
· nobody holds back on any information which they think others
· people accept change as the norm.
I shall be happy if I can achieve that at Aberystwyth before I retire!